Our lovely Bloomy Candles will unfold all by themselves on one or two sides, if you care for them correctly.
• Trim the wick to ¼ inch before lighting.
• Bloomy begins to take shape after 20 hours of burn time. For best results, we recommend Bloomy burn for 5 hours per session to warm the wax walls and let each candle find life.
• A well-centered wick will allow the candle to burn evenly on both sides. If you notice the wick is off-center, a simple push in the opposite direction (once a wax pool has been created) will put Bloomy back on track.
• Each Bloomy starts to develop on its own after about 25 hours, but you can help shape the round wax walls that form during the burn into an oval shape after 15 hours to expedite the process. Pull the oval edges a little bit outwards to assist the candle in dropping the wax on two sides. This step is possible once the candle has formed a wax pool and the walls are warm to the touch.
• As with any good flower, Bloomy unfolds best at room temperature (65ºF-75ºF). If the temperature is too hot (above 80ºF) our flower will wilt, while any temperature below 60ºF may cause frostbite and not encourage growth. Being mindful of Bloomy’s surroundings will help you enjoy your candle to the fullest!
• Even though Bloomy never drips, be sure to always place your candle on a candleholder to avoid any discoloration of fabrics or other surfaces.